In essence this video teaches:
- Our greatest goal in life should be to be constantly high/drunk on Jesus.
- We no longer possess an evil nature and can therefore live a temptation free existence.
- Jesus was tempted for us so that we will not be tempted.
- But (contradiction), when we are tempted (a) it is a confirmation of who we are in the opposite (b) we must remember that we no longer have a sinful nature (c) we must not keep fighting the temptation [because our sinful nature does not really exist any more], but see the process as an adventure for us to explore who we really are. (d) we should be tempted with higher pleasures (e) we should be tempted to get really drunk in public places and cause a lot of trouble.
- Under the law mentality [old testament], all you ever got was a no – stop sinning; no – don’t do that.
- Under the New Covenant, Jesus is the eternal yes; he doesn’t tell you to stop sinning – he always gives you the true substance.
- You live in an evil free zone / environment.
- You are [in fact] a good boy / girl.
This is the mindset of a drug addict who has substituted his addiction to drugs, with an addition to the occult.
The subtly of his satanic lie is exposed when the message is stripped down
- That there is no such thing as sin.
- That temptation is an illusion.
- That we can simply live as we please and allow ourselves to indulge our fleshly nature (i.e. to sin).
- That we can do so without any fear of contradiction from Jesus – who always says yes to us [under the new testament dispensation of grace].
What does the Bible say about temptation?
“And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.” Matthew 6:13
“Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41
“And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.” Luke 11:4
“And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.” Luke 22:40
“And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.” Luke 22:46
“There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13
“But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.” 1 Timothy 6:9
From these scriptures we can see that:
- Temptation is real.
- It is designed to entice the Christian to sin.
- It is designed to destroy us.
- It comes from Satan.
What does the Bible say about sin?
“Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin“. Romans 7:17-25
Who is the enemy of the Christian?
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.” 1 Peter 5:8-9
“The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.” Matthew 13:39
“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.” Luke 10:19
“ And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?” Acts 13:10
“Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.” Hebrews 12:4
“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
So we can see that WE are to resist Satan. Resistance implies that Christians WILL be attacked. The nature of this attack is spiritual and includes satanic temptation designed to draw us into sin and spiritual compromise. Some question the existence of the devil but according to the Bible Satan is real.
How are we to deal with temptation?
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” Ephesians 6:10-13
It is clear from scripture that the Lord has given us spiritual weapons to wage warfare against our old enemy, Satan who constantly wars against the children of the most high God. Beware therefore those who think that they have no enemy! This is a demonic lie.
The Fruits of Deception
“Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” Matthew 7:16-20
“Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.” Matthew 12:33
“For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.” Luke 6:43-44
“Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.” Matthew 3:8-10
From these Scriptures we can conclude that we can judge the nature of a tree by the fruit it bears. Let’s consider the fruit of the New Mystics Movement which brands itself as Christian.
The fruits of the New Mystics
- Confusion. Satan is the author of confusion. (1 Cor 14:3)
- False teaching. In other words, lies – and we know who the father of lies is don’t we?
- Extra-biblical teachings. Sounds like Satan’s strategy in the garden of Eden – “Did God really say …?”
- Lawlessness. Satan is also identified as the man of lawlessness and rebellion.
- What is particularly telling is that the adherents of John Crowder speak for hours about their experiences but are never able to substantiate anything they ‘teach’ with Biblical doctrine or scriptures from the Bible. Doctrine is profitable for all things but there is no biblical doctrine in this movement. Experience is exalted above the authority of the Bible.
- Obsession with angels. Worship of angels is forbidden in the Bible. The Bible portrays angels as God’s servants and messengers. They are not our servants and our messengers. Whenever people encountered angels in the Bible, their immediate response was fear. However, John Crowder and his disciples have no problem with minimizing angels to fat little Bartender Friar Tuck angels whose sole purpose in life is to make them ‘high’ on Jesus. This is blasphemy. Nowhere in the Bible does it teach that angels are our ‘buddies’.
- Self indulgence that gives licence to the flesh.
- Pre-occupation with drunkenness. Nowhere in the Bible does it teach that we are constantly to be drunk in the spirit.
- Preoccupation with frivolity. The Bible is and has always been serious business and I can see why Satan would want to belittle and devalue something as serious as the Word of God. It happens in the world of comedy all the time. In fact, comedy today is virtually synonymous with blasphemy against God. It is a subtle yet lethal strategy to desensitise mankind to their lost condition and need for God and redemption from the power of sin.
- The Bible teaches that one of the fruits of the Spirit is self control. It seems that John Crowder sees a lack of self control as a virtue, and by implication, a ‘fruit of the spirit’; yes it is – but it is another spirit and not the Spirit of God at work.
- It is interesting to note that John Crowder more often than not criticizes pastors (who are not part of his club).
- Many of the adherents of the New Mystics movement feed off Patricia King who herself came out of the New Age movement.
- John Crowder ‘met Jesus’ while high on drugs? Hmmm…that explains a lot.
- It seems that many of adherents to the New Mystics movement come out of a drug culture. Are they simply looking for another addiction to feed their flesh? I am not saying that drug addicts cannot and do not find Jesus but there is a definite trend here.
- You will notice that whenever John Crowder (and other ‘leaders’ in this movement) try to read the Bible, their speech becomes incoherent and they become confused. Satan is the author of confusion.
- John Crowder continuously blasphemes and makes a mockery of Christianity.
- A serious preoccupation with frivolity disguised as joy. The Bible is serious business but this movement is turning Christianity into one big joke.
- The Bible warns us about false teaching and deception in the last days.
- The proponents of this movement appeal to signs and wonders to validate their occult activity; this includes seeing blue lights, heavenly orbs, angels, gold fillings manifesting in peoples mouths, and more. This is nothing new – it is called materialization is has been practiced in the occult for a very long time.
So judge for yourself whether the New Mystics movement is really Christian or whether it is simply another demonic deception designed to deceive those who are ignorant of God’s Word and biblical doctrine.
“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; …” 1 Timothy 4:1-2