Although many people speak of the end of the world, the Bible does not speak of the end of the world. The correct Biblical terminology is “the end of the age”. The Bible teaches that mankind will reach the end of this current age. The end of this age will be the beginning of the eternal kingdom of Jesus Christ who will rule and reign over all the earth forever.
The Bible also speaks of a New Jerusalem that ascends out of heaven – literally God’s new kingdom on the earth. The earth as we know it will also be reshaped or recreated by God (see Revelation 21). One of the powerful Scriptures that speaks of this eternal kingdom of God coming to the earth in future is found in Zechariah 14.
Zechariah 14 can be summarised as follows:
- The nations of the earth will wage warfare against Israel.
- The city of Jerusalem will be overrun by the enemies of Israel.
- God will rescue the Israelites from their enemies just as he rescued them from the Egyptians in the Old Testament.
- God will fight against the enemies of Israel and conquer them.
- Jesus will return to Jerusalem and establish his eternal kingdom on earth; the saints and angels will return and rule with him.
- The Lord shall be king over all the earth.
- The Lord will send a plague on all the people who fought against Jerusalem.
- Those who survive the plague will be required to do an annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem to pay homage to Jesus Christ.
- In addition, the nations of the world will be required to do an annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem to pay homage to Jesus Christ.
- The penalty for failing to do undertake the annual pilgrimage to Jerusalem, will be that rain will be withheld.
Based on the information provided in Zechariah 14, we can conclude that the annual pilgrimage to Mecca by Muslims. is a counterfeit of the New Jerusalem.
However, before the New Jerusalem is established on the earth, these are the things we can expect to occur before the return of Jesus Christ:
EXPECT: WARS AND RUMORS OF WARS.
Matthew 24:6 “And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see
that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the
end is not yet.”
EXPECT: WORLD WAR.
Matthew 24:7 “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom
against kingdom…” (See also: Revelation 6:4)
EXPECT: GREAT EARTHQUAKES ALL OVER THE EARTH.
Luke 21:11 “And great earthquakes shall be in divers places…”
EXPECT: FAMINES, INFLATION, & STARVATION ALL OVER THE EARTH.
Matthew 24:7 “…and there shall be famines…in divers places.” (See
also: Revelation 6:5-6)
EXPECT: FATAL EPIDEMIC DISEASES AND PLAGUES ALL OVER THE EARTH.
Matthew 24:7 “…and pestilences…in divers places.”
EXPECT: FEARFUL SIGHTS CAUSING MUCH DISTRESS AND CONFUSION.
Luke 21:11,25-26 “…and fearful sights…and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity…Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth”
EXPECT: GREAT SUPERNATURAL AND UNUSUAL OCCURRENCES IN THE SKY AND UNIVERSE
1 Luke 21:11,25 “…and great signs shall there be from heaven…And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars…”
EXPECT: THE WAVES OF THE SEAS TO BE IN CHAOS CAUSING TSUNAMIS.
Luke 21:25 “…the sea and the waves roaring;”
EXPECT: THE POLES OF THE EARTH TO SHIFT CAUSING GREAT CATASTROPHES
2 Isaiah 24:1.20 “Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof…The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard…”
EXPECT: MASS DECEPTION. THERE WILL BE FALSE SAVIORS & FALSE PROPHETS WHO DO MIRACLES THAT DECEIVE MANY PEOPLE.
Matthew 24:4-5,23-24 “…take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many…Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.”
EXPECT: MANY CHRISTIANS AND JEWS TO BE PERSECUTED, TAKEN CAPTIVE, PUT IN PRISONS, AND KILLED IN GREAT NUMBER.
Matthew 24:9 “Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.” Luke 21:12,24 “…they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons…And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations…”
EXPECT: CHRISTIANS TO BE BETRAYED BY THEIR OWN FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
Matthew 24:10,12 “And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another…And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.” Luke 21:16 “And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.”
EXPECT: TWO WITNESSES FROM GOD PROPHESYING TO THE WORLD. THEY WILL BE SUPERNATURALLY PROTECTED FROM HARM FOR 3 1/2 YEARS. THEY WILL SEND MANY PLAGUES UPON THE EARTH.
Revelation 11:3,5-6 “And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth…And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies..These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.”
EXPECT: A ONE-WORLD GOVERNMENT TO BE ESTABLISHED WITH A TEN NATION CONFEDERACY RULED BY TEN KINGS. THREE OF THOSE KINGS WILL LATER BE DEFEATED.
Daniel 7:23-24 “…The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise…and he shall subdue three kings.” Revelation 13:1,7 “…and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns…and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.” (See also: Revelation 17:12-13)
EXPECT: A ONE-WORLD POLITICAL LEADER TO RISE TO POWER RULING ALL NATIONS
Revelation 13:1,3,5,7 “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea…and all the world wondered after the beast…And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months…and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.”
EXPECT: A ONE-WORLD RELIGION TO BE ESTABLISHED BY A FALSE PROPHET. THE WHOLE WORLD WILL THEN WORSHIP THE ONE-WORLD LEADER AS THEIR GOD.
Revelation 13:3-4,8 “…and all the world wondered after the beast. And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast…And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 “…and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.”
EXPECT: A ONE-WORLD ECONOMY TO BE ESTABLISHED. NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO BUY OR SELL UNLESS THEY OBEY AND WORSHIP THE ONE-WORLD LEADER.
Revelation 13:16-17 “And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.”
EXPECT: THE MARK OF THE BEAST (THE ONE-WORLD LEADER). IF YOU RECEIVE THE MARK IN YOUR HAND OR FOREHEAD, YOU WILL SPEND ETERNITY IN HELL WITH NEVER-ENDING TORMENT
Revelation 14:9-11 “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”
EXPECT: THE GOSPEL TO PREACHED TO ALL NATIONS
Matthew 24:14 “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” Never throughout history has the gospel of Jesus Christ been proclaimed more than in our present age. The Internet has become a prolific communications and publication tool and websites such as the one you are reading now, publish the Good News of the coming Kingdom of God to the nations of the earth. The Bible is now freely available online and on mobile phones.
1. Satan is the “prince of the power of the air” (Ephesians 2:2) and can transform himself into an “angel of light” or “righteousness” (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). He may come in the sky with his demonic forces deceiving mankind by transforming themselves into extraterrestrial beings who bring hope to an earth in chaos, [which the New Age Movement, the Vatican, the UN, NASA, and the Military are fully expecting to happen]. Don’t be deceived, his goal is to blind the minds of people, deceiving them from the truth of the gospel and therefore sealing their eternal destination in hell (2 Corinthians. 4:4).
2. Many of the natural disasters listed above could occur as a result of a pole shift event. These events will most likely occur within a very short period of time.
3. This One-World Leader, known as the Antichrist, will speak great things and promise peace to the world. Many religions will think he is the fulfillment of their prophetic scriptures. He is a false Christ and false Savior. His world-wide reign on earth will be short, only 3 1/2 years (Daniel 12:7,11). Jesus Christ will come back and destroy him and all of his followers, sending them to the “lake of fire” for eternity.
4. The “Mark of the Beast” is an economic system that may come in the form of a small microchip placed in the right hand or forehead of a person that will deduct
or add money into their bank account as they buy or sell items. A tattoo on the hand could also coincide with this mark.